It’s Not Just You™ – Paladins (Beta), Having Issues Not Starting or Not Running In 64-bit Mode, Battlegrounds [Notification, Updated As Encountered]
If you are trying to play the newest addition to Paladins, Battlegrounds, which is being released in Alpha Testing Stage in their Latest Update – and you are having issues with either (1) the game not launching/starting or (2) the game running in 32-bit mode [which stops you from being able to enter the Battlegrounds, which requires 64-bit mode] – just letting you know, It’s Not Just You™…
For the past little while, I have been trying to get into Paladins and try out this new Game Mode, and take a look at any new changes; but I have been running into multiple issues with the game itself. If related Paladins Forums ‘everywhere’ (Steam, Reddit, Official Forums, etc) are any indication, many, many others are having issues as well.
I wanted to take a moment to make this posting because, even though it seems there are a few people that have ‘gotten it running’, there are many others, like me, that have not. I wanted to share this experience and related information, so that others may know that, well… It’s Not Just Them.
Since I have run into multiple issues and have tries multiple steps so far, I will share them here in Point Form as a list:
- Game not starting [Launcher will start, but game itself will not show up]
- Game not stopping [Game will not Terminate, Steam says it is Running still, but it is not, or has not started]
- Game not running in 64-bit mode [Game starts in 32-bit Mode and therefore The Battlegrounds can not be tested/run, as it states in-game “64-bit Mode Required”]
- Cannot Verify Integrity Of Game Files, via Steam [Steam states to ‘exit any game files or tools’ related to the game, but none are running]
- Put “-Use64“ [without quotes] into Optional Game Command Line Parameters (Options/Commands) in Launcher
- Put “-dx11” [without quotes] into Optional Game Command Line Parameters (Options/Commands) in Launcher
- Checked “Use 64 bit Client” in Launcher Options [this has never been ‘unchecked’ by me]
- Verified Cache [‘double-checked’ the game files through Steam, to see if they are what they are supposed to be]